Version 2.9 is available!
As usual, many new features and bug fixes, see ChangeLog for detail.
New major features in this release:
- add command "handshake" in weechat relay protocol and nonce to prevent replay attacks during authentication
- add command "completion" in weechat relay protocol
- add option relay.network.auth_timeout, add status "waiting_auth" in irc and weechat relay protocols
- add option "color_bg_inactive" in bars
- add bar items "buffer_nicklist_count_groups" and "buffer_nicklist_count_all"
- add key Alt+Enter to insert a newline, set default size for input bar to 0 (automatic)
- add a scalable WeeChat logo (SVG)
- add base 16/32/64 encoding/decoding in evaluation of expressions with "base_encode:base,xxx" and "base_decode:base,xxx"
- add case sensitive wildcard matching comparison operator ("==*" and "!!*") and case sensitive/insensitive include comparison operators ("==-", "!!-", "=-", "!-") in evaluation of expressions
- add keys Alt+Shift+B and Alt+Shift+N to toggle buflist/nicklist bars
- reload configuration files when the SIGHUP signal is received
- add API functions to complete words in command line
- evaluate option buflist.look.sort
- add support of "UTF8MAPPING" in IRC server
- display IRC "account" messages in buffers
- evaluate arguments when a trigger of type "command" is created
- enable again command "/guile eval"
- fix slow send of data to relay clients when SSL is enabled
- add CI with GitHub Actions
- run tests on plugins only if the plugins are enabled and compiled
- GnuTLS is now a required dependency
- many bugs fixed.
- weechat.bar.xxx.color_bg_inactive (one color per bar)
- Alt+Enter: insert a newline
- Alt+Shift+B: toggle buflist
- Alt+Shift+N: toggle nicklist bar